Leak Detection Services
Any leaks, no matter how minor, should be seen to immediately. At AMS Plumbing we don’t just find leaks, we fix them to!
Did you know you may encounter a leak you cannot see directly
- there may be water pooling in an odd place
- a damp spot on the lawn
- a letter from the council
- a high water bill
Our expert leak detection service will find your leak fast and fix it on the spot!
AMS Plumbing offer a leak detection service which locates the leak above or below ground, even when the location of the burst pipe is not known. We have the latest non evasive leak detection equipment enabling to detect precisely where even the smallest leak is coming from. The greatest advantage of our listening devices is that we don’t need to punch holes into walls or drill into concrete to find the leak, our listening devices can detect leaks through walls and concrete.
How does our Leak Detection Process work
- we pressurise your water lines which forces air bubbles through the faulty section of pipework
- we use sonar equipment to listen (so these air bubbles can then be heard)
- we sound out any services which enables us to tell if it’s shallow or deep
- we accurately detect the location of the problem
AMS Plumbing take the guess work out of what’s beneath the ground – whether it be under concrete or bitumen ground, soft soil areas, behind walls, close to foundations, driveways or garden areas, rest assured we’ll locate it. If you require leak detection or if you are dealing with a water leak let AMS Plumbing take care of it for you. We guarantee to find the source of the leak, and will advise on how best to rectify and make good.
Common causes of leaks
- Corrosion of pipes
- Tree roots cracking or collapsing pipes
- Rusting of pipes
- Earth movement and shifting
- Vehicles parking above pipes
- Old or worn fixtures
- Water hammer
- Leaking taps
- Cracked or collapsed pipes
- Leaking pipes in walls
- Rusted and corroded pipes
- Pipe replacement
- Pipe welding
How can I check for leaks
- First check for visible leaks from shower, toilets, taps etc.
- Turn off all taps, etc. in and around your property and don’t flush the toilet for at least 1 hour.
- Check the water meter and write down the reading, after 1 hour check the water meter again – if the dials have moved you could have a leak. (note: Please exercise caution when removing water meter covers. They can be homes for spiders and snakes. Ensure you wear gloves).
- Recording your water use weekly or monthly can help you identify if you have a leak