Leak Detection Redlands
See to water leaks immediately no matter how minor. AMS Plumbing are your leak detection
Redlands specialists, we don’t just find leaks we fix them to!
Here are some tell tale signs that may indicate you have a leak
- water pooling in an odd place on your property
- areas of lawn that are unusually damp or muddy
- a letter from the council indicating excessive water usage
- high water bills
AMS Plumbing leak detection Redlands plumbers will locate the leak and fix it on the spot!
Our professional Redlands leak detection plumbers locate the source of the leak above or below ground. We can find the source of the problem even when the location of the burst pipe is not known.Our latest non evasive leak detection equipment enables us to detect the precise location of the leak regardless of how small it may be without having to punch holes into walls or drill through concrete. This equipment can detect leaks through walls and concrete saving you time and money.
How does our Redlands Leak Detection Process work?
- we pressurise your water lines which forces air bubbles through the faulty section of pipework
- we use sonar equipment to listen (so these air bubbles can then be heard)
- we sound out any services which enables us to tell if it’s shallow or deep
- we accurately detect the location of the problem
take the guess work out of what’s beneath the ground – whether it be under concrete or bitumen ground, soft soil areas, behind walls, close to foundations, driveways or garden areas, rest assured we’ll locate it.If you have a water leak problem
call AMS Plumbing leak detection Redlands service to take care of it for you. We will find the source of the leak and advise on the best course of action to take to make good.
Common causes of leaks
- Corrosion of pipes
- Tree roots cracking or collapsing pipes
- Rusting of pipes
- Earth movement and shifting
- Vehicles parking above pipes
- Old or worn fixtures
- Water hammer
- Leaking taps
- Cracked or collapsed pipes
- Leaking pipes in walls
- Rusted and corroded pipes
- Pipe replacement
- Pipe welding
How can I check for leaks
- First check for visible leaks from shower, toilets, taps etc.
- Turn off all taps, etc. in and around your property and don’t flush the toilet for at least 1 hour.
- Check the water meter and write down the reading, after 1 hour check the water meter again – if the dials have moved you could have a leak. (note: Please exercise caution when removing water meter covers. They can be homes for spiders and snakes. Ensure you wear gloves).
- Recording your water use weekly or monthly can help you identify if you have a leak